Word is getting out through the media on why Colorado is a great place to buy real estate right now.
- People want to live here!!
- We have not had a real estate bust. (See the graph below)
- Low foreclosure rate. We don’t need to wade through tons of short sales and REO sales in order to start moving forward.
- Strong economy with a young motivated work force who want to stay in Colorado.
- Low inventory – new building started slowing in 2003 not in 2007 or 2008. There is not a stockpile of homes to sell.
This chart shows median prices in Boulder Colorado from 2000 to 2011. Small corrections but no collapse. We have a strong market with very few distressed sales. We should be one of the first areas to see a full recovery. For more graphs for communities like Louisville, Superior and Erie see this post.