Real estate sales in Boulder County continue to hold forward momentum. Early in the year sales were down as much as 22% from last year YTD. Now we are just behind by 7% overall. During August sales were 32% stronger than they were a year ago during August. This is a good sign that the momentum we have been riding through the summer is continuing.
Here are some quick facts:
- Total inventory is within 1% of where we were at this time last year. No stockpiling of listings here. Just ask an active buyer. They wish there was more to see. If you have been considering listing your home September might be a great time. Call me to discuss.
- Under contract percentage at the end of August was 15%.
- Sales under $500,000 over the past 6 months have decreased 7% from 2010. (1,902 sales)
- Sales $500,000 – $1,000,000 over the past 6 months have decreased 1% from 2010. (399 sales)
- Sales over $1,000,000 over the past 6 months are exactly the same as they were last year. (79 sales)
Please click on the slideshow below to view the monthly statistics graphically. For best viewing click on full screen in the lower right corner.