As I search for homes throughout Boulder County I’m finding many areas and price ranges that have very few (like none) homes available that are not already under contract. I also notice that at some price the inventory grows and the market is more available. Here is some research that may help you understand the market. The quick answer is that there are very few choices in the lower price ranges and more opportunity in the higher price ranges.
The slideshow below shows the percentage of homes that are under contract in Boulder, Louisville, Lafayette and Erie by price range. Here are some additional interesting facts:
• There are only 19 listings in the City of Boulder listed below $500,000. 90% of those are already under contract.
• In Louisville, Erie and Lafayette there are 48 listings priced $250,000 or below and 79% of those homes are under contract.
• 68% of all properties listed in Boulder County $500,000 or below are under contract.
• 61% of all properties listed in Boulder County $1,00,000 or below are under contract.
• 33% of all properties listed in Boulder County between $1,000,000 and $1,500,000 are under contract.
• 11% of all properties listed in Boulder County above $1,500,000 are under contract.